Friday, April 2, 2010

Decorating With Decoupage


These decorated eggs were very easy to make. Decoupage was very popular in the 1990's on the television craft shows...and I joined the craze by buying a giant jar of decoupage glue. That one jar was used in a wide variety of projects and lasted forever! I love crafts that involve using things you already might have...like ribbon and tissue paper from the gift wrap box. I emptied the eggs by making two holes (top and bottom of egg) and blowing out the contents. I brushed on a layer of glue, placed small torn pieces of tissue paper onto the egg, overlapping them and patting down with the gluey brush, then brushing more glue on top, while the glue was still wet I sprinkled it with some glitter. The ribbon was held in place with more glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails