Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mince And Tatties

Mmmmm shepards pie, I love it, one of my favourites and very easy to make. I just brown some onions, toss in the meat (ground beef) and brown it all together, I add a little water and let it simmer a while. I add some gravy, from a packet I'm afraid, the lazy way, let all that simmer again for a while. I then add some carrots, peas, worchester sauce, a bit of ketchup and simmer again. While it is cooking I boil some potatoes, mash them with a wee bit of butter, or a lot, whatever floats your boat. I put the meat mixture in an oven proof dish then top with the mashed potatoes, put in the oven to cook more and Bobs your uncle, yummy dinner. In Scotland we call it mince and tatties.

By Christine Neary

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails