Saturday, February 13, 2010

Slow Growing Amaryllis





This is one of my favourite plants, the Amaryllis. I bought them in the grocery store and planted them right away in the pots (pots come with plants). Normally they grow very quickly but these two plants took forever and ever and ever! I watered them every two days and they still didn't grow, then I forgot about them for a couple of days. Then all of a sudden I noticed one of them grew about an inch, couple of more days then another inch or so, then it just kept growing. The other small one is beginning to grow but very slowly. Then one night when I came home from work I noticed that one of the flowers popped out, on the next night the other two flowers popped out and surprise, tonight the fourth flower popped out YIPPEE!. Now I am just waiting for the wee one to flower. All in all it's a very beautiful plant.

By Christine Neary

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails