Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heathers Scarf (The Ladies Circle)

      I went shopping with my mom (NOT a knitter) at Nancy O's, our local yarn shop. My mom admired this very lacy spirally scarf in a Wedgewood blue-type color. Not her normal kind of scarf OR color. But I took the hint and after I dropped her home, I scurried back to the yarn shop to buy the yarn and the pattern. The yarn was this lovely kid mohair/silk blend, and wouldn't you know the shop was already sold out and had to order it. It wasn't to come in until the 17th (ack!) but they swore this scarf was "one skein, one hour," so I tried not to panic. The yarn came in and I picked it up Saturday (the 18th?). My mom (who the scarf is FOR) was at my house all day and I had to wait for her to leave before bringing out the knitting and getting started. I was getting antsier and antsier. FINALLY it was time. I looked at the yarn in consternation. It was a lacy tube. How would I even cast on? I looked at the pattern in horror. It made absolutely no sense. Make two stitches 5 cm apart and that's the whole row? Depressed and angry, I logged on to Rowan.com, watched a tutorial, started knitting and sure enough...had made the whole scarf in one hour! Amazing! And I think it's lovely!! And the best part was...when I registered (for free) at Rowan, they asked if I was part of a knitting group or circle....I could answer "yes"!!

By Heather



1 comment:

  1. Heather
    Well done with your beautiful scarf and that's a gorgous colour(my fave colour).
    You've come along way since I first taught you how to knit,excellent job.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails