Monday, December 19, 2011

My Ugly Scarf (The Ladies Circle)

     This scarf caused me a lot of grief, here is how it went.
     My friend asked me to make her a scarf, she also picked the colour Rust (which is what I thought it was).  I decided to do a cable stitch to make it look pretty, so I started the scarf, did a few inches then started to make mistakes, I wasn't quite sure of the cable stitch yet, anyway needless to say I ripped it out about 5 times and was getting very frustrated.  So after I had quite a few inches done I showed it to my friend Alcina (yes, I am making sure everyone see's her name, so no one will knit for her hahaha) and would you believe she had the nerve to tell me it wasn't the colour she wanted, that it wasn't rust and she did not want that kind of scarf, I was set to blow, I argued with her that when she asked me to make her a scarf, this is what she chose and she flat out denied it.  Then she continues to show me scarves that she likes and asked me can I knit her this one or that one, well, I just flat out said NO and told her she is not getting it, scarf anyone?
     Anyway, I continued to knit and knit and knit and dropped stitches,and forgot what row I was on and ripped out and did it again and continued to knit hating every minute of this scarf, and to top it all, it kept curling inwards,i wish i had curled inwards.
      Here is the finished product, just don't let me see it again.

By Christine Neary






1 comment:

  1. Poor scarf being hated so much when all it wants to do is snuggle someone's neck, I'll adopt.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails