Monday, March 19, 2012

Christine's Blanket "The Nightmare Blanket" (The Ladies Circle)

Some of my squares.


 A trial run.

My big pile of squares.

Lots to do.

Don't look too closely.

The nightmare blanket.


     Well, it's finished, the blanket that is, almost my life as it took up all my energy, it was stressful and boring all at the same time.  
     I started off with a different pattern and that was sooooo long and tedious, so I gave that up and decided to go with small squares instead.  Some I crocheted which made it a wee bit quicker as crochet is very quick, then it was coming along nicely, but then I knew I needed a million squares and that's when it got to be boring.  But I was excited when I was on my last square.  Yippee!
     Then it came time to sew it all together, ugh, double ugh!  I couldn't quite get into the groove of sewing it together, then I took a look at it and thought if I turn it this way it may be easier and that's exactly what I did and it was very easy.  But that was only going one way, now I had to sew down the way to join it altogether, then I had an idea, maybe I should crochet it, so I did and it gave it another look.
     In the end I was very pleased with it but I won't be in any hurry to make another patchwork blanket I can tell you that.
By Christine

2 comments:

  1. Chris your blanket is lovely it was worth all the hard work. Be proud of it. Well done to you. Betty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream and blue, one of my faves. The piles of cream yarn remind me of an Aran sweater, maybe you could make one, just don't make that a project!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails