Thursday, January 21, 2010

Interview Of The Month

This months interview is with the craft maven Betty McCreadie from Basingstoke, England.

Question 1. Tell us a little bit about your craft history.

"I love knitting and crochet, in fact I love all kinds of craft. I started knitting when I was 13 years old with two sticks and a ball of wool my Mum gave me. We did not have the money to buy needles but I made myself a scarf. At 17 I bought my first sewing machine, I saved up every penny I earned to buy it. I made my two young sisters dresses. Then when I had my own three daughters I made their clothes as well. Forty five years later I still have that very machine and still going strong. I also love paper craft, cross stitch, paper mache and I make my own cards. Every day you will find me doing something as I love all kinds of craft."

Question 2. If you were stranded on a desert island what would you bring and why?

"If I was left on a desert island this is what I would take with me. My sister Christine for company and we can knit together as like me she loves to knit. Lots and lots of wool, all size needles and crochet hooks, scissors, darning needle, as you can make things to help you survive. A big thick book that I can read in my hammock that I knitted. Couple of big packets of rice to eat with the fish that I catch with my knitted net. Sun cream as I will be sunbathing in my knitted bikini. I will knit or crochet blankets and a pillow case and stuff leaves into it to make a pillow. There is so much you can do with wool. I would also take a wok, wooden spoon, matches, we will drink water from the stream. And I must not forget my hair brush or I will look like Girl Friday by the time I leave the island!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails