Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spoons With Many Tales




My wee Mum collected spoons, I'm not sure when she started but she loved her spoons and the collection grew and grew. A lot of them were given to her by family and friends, when someone went to another country they always remembered to buy Mum a spoon. Here are some countries they came from. South Africa (she had a friend who lived there), Canada (I think I bought her one from there), Greece (from my sister Kathleen), Spain, New York (quite a few came from there as a few family members came to visit New York and I live in New York so I sent her a few too), Portugal, Gran canaria, Athens, Ireland, Cornwall Devon and many more countries. Sadly when she passed away Kathleen kept the spoons, some were dispersed among family but Kathleen keeps the others and I hope she keeps them forever and not get rid of them as they were a big reminder of our lovely wee Mum.

By Christine Neary

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails