Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holly Jolly Memories


For the holiday season I am asking my blog friends what is their favorite memory of Christmas...this is Christine's memory.

"I would have to say one (or many) of my favorite Christmas memories was when I lived in Glasgow. I may have been about 6 or 7 years old the year I received my cot for my new doll. I remember writing out my list for Santa on Christmas eve and my Mum took the wee letter and my sister Kathleen's too. We watched as she put it up the chimney (we called it the lum) so Santa would get it and read our list. We then went to bed. I was very excited because that was when I believed in Santa. I imagined him squeezing down our chimney and not giving any thought to the fire below and drinking the milk and biscuits my Mum had put out for him. When I went to bed every noise I heard I thought it must be Santa and I was afraid to move in case he heard me. When I woke up in the morning I looked at the bottom of my bed to see if I had a stocking with goodies in it and there was an orange, some sweeties and a wee toy, that was exciting enough. Then I ran into the sitting room with my sister and there was my new life sized blue cot with a new doll. There was a knitted blanket in it which I think my Mum knitted. I remember putting my new doll in the cot to go to sleep, it was a great feeling to know that Santa knew what I wanted and I got it. I believed in Santa for quite a few years."

2 comments:

  1. That was a lovely Christmas story, look at that grin on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that pram! I remember it so well. I remember I swapped it for an old tatty pink pushchair with one of my friends. Then mum promptly took me right back and got it back.
    Weren't we so cute and innocent back then? Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails