Monday, December 14, 2009

Holly Jolly Memories


For the holiday season I am asking my blog friends what is their favorite Christmas memory...this is John Neary's memory.

"One of my youngest Christmas memories is when I was six or seven years old. We were lucky to have a TV at home, a black and white one of course, it was 1959ish, and there was a lot of cowboy movies from America on TV, and I, like all of the boys I knew, wanted to be cowboys. That Christmas, my parents got me a cowboy outfit, it had everything, two six guns, a rifle, chaps, a cowboy hat and a vest with fringes. I remember getting dressed up in my new cowboy outfit, with the help of my dad and I remember him telling me not to stand the rifle against the wall barrel down, he said it would fall over and I might accidentally shoot someone. I was reluctant to go out of the house all dressed up but I soon figured out that a pillow tied over the foot board of my bed, like a saddle, made a great horse. I fought many Indians that winter, rode across many prairies and my trusty steed never let me down. Happy memories."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails