Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Interview Of The Month


This months interview is with the multi talented John Neary from Long Island, New York.

Question 1. Who or what introduced you to the world of woodworking?

"My Dad introduced me to woodworking. We lived three floors up in a tenement building in Glasgow, Scotland but my Dad had an allotment where I would help him in and around the shed with small woodworking jobs."

Question 2. Do you remember your first project?

"My first woodworking experience was when my brother Tommy and me as teenagers built from scrap lumber we salvaged from the dump and parts we got from flea markets, a table saw in our bedroom. That was also our first near death experience. But we loved it."

Question 3. If you were stranded on a desert island and allowed an endless supply of a certain woodworking item, what would it be and why?

"A hand saw. I can cut trees to make a shelter, cut firewood to keep me warm and cook the fish I will catch with the spears I will make. And I can make chairs for me and Man Friday when he comes to visit."

Question 4. Is there something you have always wanted to learn?

"I always wanted to learn large scale joinery so that I can build a barn. I plan to build a barn when I retire to my small farm in the beautiful state of North Carolina, but I will probably start with a chicken coop."

Question 5. What project do you have going on right now and what is the next one?

"My current project is building shelves in the garage, to help organize the clutter. My next project will be to build more shelves, because we have a lot of clutter."


1 comment:

  1. Christine(fave sister)December 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM

    ok, so you'll wait for Man Friday on your desreted island mmmmmmmm what about Woman Friday i thought that would be more your choice but,whatever floats your boat.
    And talking of clutter,you can't have as much clutter as Ruth(my lovely boss)has clutter,clutter,clutter it's her middle name. Good interview though.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails