Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Christmas Gift To Alcina



This is a crochet yellow blanket I made for my friend Alcina for Christmas. It is very simple to make. I started off with a thick yellow wool then I ran out of it and the wool shop didn't have any more left. So I chose a different yellow and it's texture was a lot thinner. It worked out pretty well with the thicker wool and when I finished the blanket it almost looked like lace. I usually put fringes on my blankets but this time I made a scallop by going into every third hole six times, it worked out pretty well. I gave Alcina the blanket for Christmas and she was delighted with it, she said she would treasure it forever so that's nice to know.

By Christine Neary

1 comment:

  1. This looks so pretty and I love yellow, especially these buttery colors. Made in a triangle shape I would love this as a shawl.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails